Ajay Devgn is an Indian film actor who is well known for his work in Bollywood. With the flicks Singham and Golmaal, he became quite well-known. Ajay Devgn Wiki includes information such as his height, age, girlfriend, wife, caste, family, biography, and more.
Vishal Veeru Devgan was born on April 2, 1969, in New Delhi, India. He is now based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Aries is his zodiac sign. Ajay and Raju are some of his friends’ nicknames for him. He altered his surname from Devgan to Devgn based on numerological guidance. He is well-known for his feats, including standing atop two moving motorcycles. The Indian government bestowed the Padma Shri to him.
He maintains a terrific body by working out on a daily basis in order to keep healthy and fit. He is roughly 5’10” tall and weighs roughly 80 kg. He has a large chest of 43 inches, a 34-inch waist, and 16-inch biceps. His eyes are dark brown, and his hair is black.
Family, Caste & Wife
Veeru Devgan, a stunt choreographer and action film director, and Veena Devgan, a film producer, raised him in a Saraswat Brahmin household. Neelam Devgan is his sister. Anil Devgan, his cousin brother, is a director. He is a devout Hindu.
He had an affair with actress Raveena Tandon before. He was also dating actress Karisma Kapoor at the time.
He married actress Kajol on February 24, 1999. Nysa, the couple’s daughter, was born in 2003, and Yug, the couple’s son, was born in 2010.
He attended Silver Beach High School in Mumbai and Mithibai College in Mumbai for his education and graduation. In the film Pyari Behna, in which he portrayed Kalicharan, he had his first on-screen debut as a kid artist. In the Bollywood film Phool Aur Kaante, he played Ajay for the first time in 1991. He won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for the film, which got excellent reviews. He went on to star in films such as Jigar (1992), Dilwale (1994), Suhaag (1994), Diljale (1996), Ishq (1997), Zakhm (1998), Golmaal: Fun Unlimited (2006), Golmaal Returns (2008), and more. For the films Zakhm (1998) and The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2001), he won the National Film Award for Best Actor twice (2003).
In 1994, he worked as an assistant director on the film Madam X with Deepak Shivdasani. In the year 2000, he founded Ajay Devgn Films, and Raju Chacha was the first film produced under his banner (2000). Devi (2002–2004) and Swami Ramdev – Ek Sangharsh are two of his TV series that he created (2018).
- Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor battled for him in the 1990s, while he was dating Raveena Tandon before Karisma Kapoor. Raveena disclosed the tales of Ajay’s treachery in the media after the break-up. “Tell that girl that she should go ahead and publish those letters, even I want to read the phantasm of her imagination!” Ajay stated. Our families have known each other for a long time, and she used to visit us since she is a friend of my sister Neelam. We couldn’t just toss her out when she began acting poorly, could we? I was never really close to her. Ask her whether I’ve ever phoned her or had a conversation with her on my own. She’s merely trying to get attention by associating her name with mine.”
- Producer Karan Ramsay filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Ajay Devgn in 2009 over the screenplay for the film All The Best. The lawsuit eventually ended in Karan Ramsay’s favor, but Ajay’s production studio claimed that their picture was a legitimate replica of the English comedy play Right Bed, Wrong Husband.
- When the trailer for Son of Sardaar was released, Navkiran Singh, a human rights activist, filed a complaint against Ajay and urged him to remove the insulting sequences and words that inaccurately characterized Sikhs. After that, he made the alterations to the picture that they advised.
- Ajay filed a court lawsuit against Yashraj Films before the release of his film Son of Sardaar and Yash Chopra’s film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, alleging that they had influenced distributors and exhibitors to secure more screens for their films.
- Following the release of the trailers for Karan Johar’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Ajay Devgn’s Shivaay, Kamaal Rashid Khan wrote a biased assessment in favor of Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Karan Johar allegedly bribed Kamaal Rashid Khan for the trailer evaluations, according to Ajay.
- Ajay is a close buddy of Rohit Shetty, and the two have known each other from infancy thanks to their famed action filmmakers dads.
- He was unable to accept his first National Award for ‘Zakhm’ (1998) since he was filming in Ooty and the sole flight to Delhi was cancelled.
- Outside of the Bachchan family, he was the first to learn about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan’s marriage.
- He used to be superstitious about Karan Johar’s films doing well at the box office until he worked on the film “Kaal” (2005), which bombed at the box office.
- Originally, he was set to portray Bajirao in Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s historical film Bajirao Mastani (2015), but he was replaced by Ranveer Singh due to financial and scheduling conflicts.
- He is an introvert who dislikes going to public events. This might explain why most of his honors have gone to his wife, Kajol.
- He is the first Bollywood actor to buy a private plane, which he uses to go to filming sites and promotional events.
- Roast Chicken, Fish Curry and Rice, and Chinese Bang-Bang Chicken are among his favorite dishes, and he is a non-vegetarian.
- He’s also a talented chef who prepares delectable Mughlai, Chinese, Continental, and Mexican dishes.
- He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- He is highly protective of his daughter and does not unwind until she returns home.
- He despises being photographed.
- He smokes and consumes alcoholic beverages.
- Sketching and hiking are two of his favorite pastimes.
- His favorite Hollywood actors are Al Pacino, Anthony Hopkins, and Jack Nicholson, while his favorite Bollywood actor is Amitabh Bachchan.
- His favorite actress is Madhubala.
- His favorite filmmaker is Vijay Anand.
- Polo is his favorite perfume brand.
- He has a sizable shoe and eyewear collection.
- Black is his favorite color.
- He enjoys watching movies, and his current favorites include Guide, The Others, and The Sixth Sense.
- Kenny Rogers’ music is also a favorite of his. Tune Mujhe Pehchana Nahin is one of his favorite Hindi tunes.
- He enjoys vacationing in Goa, San Francisco, and London.
- Jeans and a T-shirt are his go-to attire.
- On his chest, he bears a tattoo of Lord Shiva.
- His favorite superhero is Superman.
- Mercedes Z Class, Ferrari, Maserati, BMW Z4, Range Rover, and Toyota Celica are among his automobiles.
- His net worth is estimated to be approximately 227 crores, and he is paid 25 crores every film.