The name Akash Ambani says a lot about him. On October 23, 1991, he was born into India’s wealthiest family, the Ambani family.
He is Mukesh Ambani’s and Nita Ambani’s eldest son. He went to Campion School and Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai for his education.
*According to Akash’s comments and media accounts, he was unaware of his family’s wealth and fortune until one day in XI grade, when he was preparing an essay on Reliance for a business and management course.
He went on to Brown University in the United States after that. From there, he earned a bachelor’s degree in economics. After returning home, he joined his father’s company and is now the Chief of Strategy at Reliance Jio Infocomm.
He was heavy and thick during his adolescent years, but he later worked out and became a fit person. He stands 5′ 10′′ tall and was formerly considered one of India’s most eligible bachelors before getting engaged.
Family & Caste
Akash is a Vaishya (Gujarati Modh Bania) from a Vaishya family.
Siblings and Parents
Akash Ambani is the eldest son of Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest businessman, and his wife Nita Ambani.
Isha Ambani, his twin sister, was born with him.
Wife, Children, and Relationships
On March 24, 2018, Akash Ambani married Shloka Mehta, the daughter of India’s richest diamantaire, Russell Mehta, whom he met in school. They married on March 9, 2019 at the Jio World Centre (JWC) in Mumbai’s Bandra Kurla Complex.
Akash and Shloka welcomed their first child (a son) together on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
He interned with his father at their family firm after returning from the United States with a degree in Economics, and he now works as Chief of Strategy at Reliance Jio Infocomm. He began working just four days after receiving his diploma. It was essentially a 60-person start-up team that subsequently became Jio.
Isha Ambani, his twin sister, is a co-director at Jio and Reliance Retail.
He is a co-owner of the Mumbai Indians.
- Isha Ambani, his twin sister, was born with him.
- He had no notion about his wealth and fortune till he was in his secondary school years.
- Shloka Mehta, his fiancée, was a classmate of his at Dhirubhai Ambani International School, where they both studied.
- Since 2005, he has been a devoted supporter of the English Arsenal Football Club.
- He is a co-owner of the Mumbai Indians football team.
- He enjoys collecting sporting mementos such as Arsenal jerseys and Sunil Gavaskar’s World Cup-winning bat from 1983.