Alia Bhatt is an Indian actress best known for her appearance in the Bollywood film Student of the Year as Shanaya Singhania (2012). She is one of Bollywood’s highest-paid actresses. She was named to Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list in 2014, and she was also named to Forbes Asia’s 30 Under 30 list. Alia Bhatt Wiki includes information such as her height, weight, age, boyfriend, family, husband, biography, facts, and more.
Alia was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, on March 15, 1993. Her nationality is British-Indian. Despite hailing from a filmmaking family, she has always wanted to be an actress. When she was cast as the lead in Karan Johar’s film Student of the Year, her wish came true. For her work in Bollywood, she has won a number of honours. Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan, Rishi Kapoor, Randeep Hooda, Arjun Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Ronit Roy, Riteish Deshmukh, Shahid Kapoor, Diljit Dosanjh, Ranbir Kapoor, and Shah Rukh Khan are just a few of the famous actors she has worked with. She also works as a model and has done a number of photo shoots. Apart from that, she is a fantastic singer.
Alia is well-known for her gorgeous appearance. She used to be an overweight teen who weighed around 65 kgs, but with daily exercise and a rigorous diet plan, she has slimmed down.
She stands about 5’3″ tall. Her eyes are black, and her hair is light brown.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She is the daughter of director Mahesh Bhatt and actress Soni Razdan. Her father is from a Gujarati Hindu family, while her mother is from a Kashmiri-German Muslim family. She has an older sister, Shaheen Bhatt, who works as a writer. Pooja Bhatt, her half-sister, and Rahul Bhatt, her step-brother, both work as fitness trainers.
She had an affair with Ramesh Dubey while she was in sixth grade, and she had an affair with her very close friend Ali Dadarkar while she was in eighth grade. There was also talk that she had an affair with Varun Dhawan, a well-known actor. She is currently dating businessman Kavin Mittal, according to reports.
During the filming of Brahmastra in 2018, she began dating Ranbir Kapoor. She also claimed that she had had a crush on him since she was 11 years old.
She attended Mumbai’s Jamnabai Narsee School for her education. She started dancing at Shiamak Davar’s school when she was four years old. She had her first on-screen debut in the Bollywood film Sangharsh, in which she played young Preity Zinta, in 1999 as a child artist.
In the film Student of the Year, she obtained her first lead role as an actress in 2012. She was chosen from a group of 400 girls who auditioned for the film. The film’s director, Karan Johar, offered her the part, but not before telling her that she needed to lose weight if she wanted to be in it. When she first heard these comments from him, she was taken aback, but she accepted the challenge and lost 16 kg in just three months. The crowd responded positively to the film.
In 2014, she starred in Vikas Bahl’s short film Going Home, which is about women’s safety.
2 States (2014), Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Kapoor & Sons (2016), Dear Zindagi (2016), and Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2016) are just a few of her other popular feature films (2017).
She also has a great voice, having performed in films such as Highway (2014), Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania (2014), Ikk Kudi (Club Mix) of Udta Punjab (2016), Love You Zindagi (Club Mix) and Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le – 2 of Dear Zindagi (2016), and Humsafar (Alia’s version) of Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2016). (2017).
- Kareena Kapoor, the actress, is a tremendous fan of hers.
- She occasionally consumes alcoholic beverages.
- Alia started her own fashion company, and her products are sold on the internet shopping site Jabong.com.
- She also launched the CoExist environmental initiative.
- She performed in a number of concert tours and theatre productions.
- Alia Bhatt identifies as an atheist.
- She adores animals and is a member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), a non-profit organisation dedicated to raising public awareness of homeless animals.
- She has Achluophobia, or a dread of darkness.
- Alia has a practise of keeping a journal every night.
- She enjoys resting and can sleep for up to 14 hours at a time.
- She despises drinking and eating hot beverages and foods.
- Alia has amazing painting talents, and she has created several lovely charcoal works to date.
- Her favourite subject to paint is lions.
- Her favourite colour is red.
- She gets jittery when travelling by plane.
- Her favourite films directed by her father are Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991) and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993), and she aspires to be a part of them.
- She is an extremely adaptable person. She can effortlessly touch her toe to her head and spin her knee clockwise.
- Instead of using feminine scents, she always opts for men’s.
- She isn’t fond of candlelight dinners.
- Alia Bhatt enjoys dancing and has experimented with several styles. Kathak and Ballet are her favourite dance forms.
- She is also enthusiastic about playing handball.
- She has a curd addiction.
- Masaba Gupta, Alia’s close friend, refers to their girl’s circle as the Spice Girls.
- She enjoys eating French Fries.
- She starred in the AIB’s Genius of the Year, a short comedy film.
- Music director A.R. Rahman has encouraged Alia Bhatt to join his music school to strengthen her singing skills.
- Her ambition is to purchase a home in London.
- She also intends to make a biographical film about Nazia Hassan, the late Pakistani pop diva.
- Alia was adamant about not having her father direct and produce her first picture.
- Coca-Cola, Maybelline, and Garnier were among the products she sponsored.
- She has been working for Indian photographer Dabboo Ratnani’s Celebrity Calendar for numerous years.
- She lost a lot of Instagram followers after the nepotism controversy surrounding Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide. She, along with Karan Johar and many others from the business, including Salman Khan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and Ekta Kapoor, were heavily criticised for fostering nepotism in the industry.