Deepika Padukone is an Indian actress who rose to prominence with films such as “Om Shanti Om” (2007) and “Bajirao Mastani” (2015).
Deepika was born in Copenhagen, Denmark, on January 5, 1986 (age 34 as of 2019) and raised in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. She has had a strong desire to play badminton since she was a child, and she aspired to be a badminton player like her father. During her school years, she participated in several national badminton tournaments. She also worked as a child model, featuring in a variety of commercials.
Height: 5′ 8″ (approximately)
Weight: 55 kg (approximately)
Figure Measurements (approximately): 34-26-34
Brown hair colour
Black is the dominant eye colour.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She comes from a middle-class Brahmin family (Chitrapur Saraswat). Prakash Padukone, her father, is a former badminton player who was the first Indian to win the All England Championship. Ujjala Padukone, her mum, works as a travel agent. Anisha Padukone, her niece, is a professional golfer.
She was in a live-in relationship with model Nihaar Pandya before joining the Bollywood film industry.
She was also in a relationship with actor Ranbir Kapoor, who had his initials tattooed on the nape of her neck, but the relationship ended a year later.
She dated Siddharth Mallya for a while, but the relationship ended after a few years.
Deepika was also related to Upen Patel, an actress, and Muzamil Ibrahim, a model.
Yuvraj Singh, a cricketer, was also said to be dating her.
Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh married near Lake Como in Italy on November 14-15, 2018.
She went to Sophia High School in Bengaluru for her primary education and then Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru for her pre-university education. She then enrolled at the Indira Gandhi National Open University in New Delhi to pursue a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Sociology, but she dropped out due to scheduling conflicts with her modelling career.
She began modelling in 2004 under the tutelage of fashion guru Prasad Bidapa. She walked the runway for Suneet Varma at the Lakme Fashion Week in 2005. When she was 17 years old, she made her first appearance on the runway.
She rose to prominence after appearing in an advertisement for Liril soap. She rose to prominence after appearing in a successful print advertisement for Kingfisher Calendar in 2006.
Later, she moved to Mumbai and lived with her aunt. She appeared in Himesh Reshammiya’s music video “Naam Hai Tera.” She got several offers for film roles after that. Since she had no prior acting experience, she enrolled in Anupam Kher’s Actor Prepares acting school.
She made her acting debut in the Kannada film “Aishwarya” in 2006, in which she starred as the heroine.
Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Saawariya” was meant to be Deepika’s Bollywood debut. However, for unexplained reasons, the role was given to Sonam Kapoor, who made her acting debut in the film. Farah Khan’s mega hit Bollywood film “Om Shanti Om” gave her the opportunity to play the lead role in 2007. Farah signed Deepika for the film “Happy New Year,” but it was shelved and re-released in 2014. Ankita Lokhande was reportedly the first choice for the role of Mohani in Happy New Year (2014).
She made her Hollywood debut in 2017 with the film “XXX: Return of Xander Cage.”
- “Om Shanti Om” won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut (2008)
- “Om Shanti Om” received the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award for Best Female Debut (2008)
- “Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela” won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress (2014)
- Best Actress Award from the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) for “Chennai Express” (2014)
- Piku won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in a Leading Role in a Leading Role in a Leading Role in (2016)
- Best Actress Award from the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) for “Piku” (2016)
- Deepika Padukone was enraged when the Times of India tweeted about her cleavage display on September 14, 2014. “Yes, I am a woman,” she wrote in response. I’m a woman with breasts. I’ve got cleavage. “Do you have a problem?” She received encouragement from all of her followers, as well as members of the celebrity community. The Times of India’s tweet, however, was taken down.
- Ranbir Kapoor should start endorsing a condom brand, she said on Karan Johar’s talk show.
- When the Sikh Code of Conduct was broken during her wedding ceremony in Italy, another controversy erupted.
- Her visit to the JNU campus on January 7, 2020, to express her solidarity and condemn the violent assault on JNU students on January 5, 2020, ignited controversy. She was in town to promote her film Chhapaak and paid a visit to the protesting students at Jawaharlal Nehru University to express her support for those who had been injured in the JNU attack. “She said,” she explained.
I’m enraged that this is taking place. At the same time, the fact that no action is being taken is a source of concern.
The hashtags ‘boycottchhapaak’ and ‘IStandwithDeepika’ trended on Twitter at the same time, eliciting both negative and positive responses from users.
- Deepika Padukone’s name emerged on September 21, 2020, amid the Narcotics Control Bureau’s (NCB) inquiries into substance abuse in Bollywood in the wake of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. According to some news outlets, Deepika’s name was mentioned in WhatsApp chats between Sushant’s former manager Jaya Saha, a “K,” and a “D” in October 2017 when they were discussing drug supplies. [three] Later, Kangana Ranaut took aim at Deepika Padukone on Twitter, mocking her depression awareness campaign and implying that it was the result of “drug misuse.”
- Ink on the neck
- Ink on the Ankle
Deepika owns a BMW 5-Series, an Audi Q7, and an Audi A8.
Salary & Net Worth
Deepika Padukone earns about 14 crore per film. In 2018, her net worth was reported to be nearly $20 million and her annual income was estimated to be 112.8 crore.
- Food: Bolognese Ravioli, Pasta, Dal Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Cuisine, Mediterranean Cuisine, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates
- Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, and Richard Gere are among the actors who have appeared in the film.
- Hema Malini, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, and Kajol are among the actresses who have appeared in films.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Dilwale Dul a man
- A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, and Justin Bieber are among the singers.
- Colour: White, mauve
- Anju Modi, Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal are among the fashion designers.
- Destination(s): France, Maldives Fashion Brand: Zara
- Badminton, football, and polo are some of the most common sports.
- Mumbai’s Olive, Ram and Shyam, Bengaluru’s Sunny’s, London’s Ping Pong, Scalini, Toronto’s Soho House, and Mabula in South Africa’s Mabula
- She was a national-level badminton player and a state-level baseball player before entering the modelling industry.
- She was named Model of the Year at the Kingfisher Fashion Awards in 2005.
- She enjoys meat and is not a vegetarian.
- Dancing, reading, badminton, and cooking are some of her favourite pastimes.
- Deepika enjoys eating South Indian sweets, wearing sarees and choodidaars, applying mascara, and working out in gym clothes. She despises designer clothing as well as negativity.
- Salman Khan was the first to recognise Deepika Padukone’s talent and give her a film, but she was unprepared at the time because she had just recently begun her modelling career.
- Shiamak Davar’s dance academy taught her how to dance.
For the Bollywood film Chandni Chowk to China (2009), she studied Jujutsu, a Japanese martial art style, and did all of her stunts herself.
- She is the first Bollywood actress to have four successful films in a row.
Farah Khan, the choreographer, is her second mother.
- L’Oréal Paris, Tissot, Nescafe, Sony Cyber-shot, Myntra, Maybelline, Coca-Cola, Vogue eyewear, among others are among the brands and items she has endorsed.
- In 2009, she worked as a freelance writer for HT City.
- She was reportedly offered a part in the Hollywood film “Furious 7,” according to sources. Due to prior commitments, Deepika declined the offer.
- Her father’s project, Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ), is a non-profit organisation that assists Indian athletes in winning Olympic gold medals.
- She adopted the Maharashtra village of Ambegaon as part of the Greenathon campaign in 2010 to address the issue of electricity.
- In 2012, she was named India’s Most Beautiful Woman by People Magazine’s Indian edition.
- In 2010 and 2014, the Indian version of FHM called her the Sexiest Woman in the World.
- Her clothing line, All About You, debuted in 2013.
- She founded the Live Love Laugh Foundation in 2015 to raise mental health awareness in India.
- She is the brand ambassador for the Indian Psychiatric Society, a non-profit organisation (IPS).
- Eastern Eye, a British magazine, called her the Sexiest Asian Woman in 2016.
- In the fitness book The Four-Week Countdown Diet by Namita Jain, she was cited as the ultimate role model for a safe, fit, and active lifestyle.
- She owns a condo in Mumbai’s Prabhadevi neighbourhood, Beaumonde Towers. According to sources, it was purchased as a gift for her by her ex-boyfriend Siddharth Mallya.
- Deepika performs her tasks in a methodical way and keeps a list of all she does.
- She was named the highest-paid Indian actress in 2017.
- Deepika and Ranveer were engaged for about four years before they married in November 2018.
- She used to be a very talkative student, as she proved when she posted a snapshot of her teacher’s remarks on Instagram in October 2019.
- Deepika is often seen imbibing alcoholic drinks.