Guru Randhawa, born Gursharanjot Randhawa, is a Punjabi pop singer and songwriter. With his song “High Rated Gabru,” he became popular.
Guru Randhawa was born in Noorpur, District Gurdaspur, Punjab, on August 30, 1991 (age 29 as of 2020). Virgo is his zodiac sign.
He wanted to be a singer since he was a child, and he used to compete in various singing competitions during his school years. He began his musical education by watching famous singers on television. Despite his passion for music, he prioritised his education above everything else. He received his master’s degree in business administration from the IIPM in New Delhi ( Indian Institute of Planning and Management). Guru began his career in music after completing his post-graduate studies by performing on stage at various events.
Height: 5′ 8″ (approximately)
Weight: 65 kg (approximately)
Black hair colour
Black is the dominant eye colour.
Chest 38′′, Waist 30′′, Biceps 13′′ (approximate body measurements)
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Guru Randhawa is from the Jatt Sikh family of Gurdaspur, Punjab. Randhawa’s ancestors can be found in Rurka Kalan, Punjab, India. His parents are largely unknown. Ramneek Randhawa, his older brother, is the most important person in his life, according to him.
Marital Status: Single
With the song “Same Girl,” Guru Randhawa launched his career as a singer and songwriter in 2012. Following that, he released the song “Chhad Gayi,” which was well received by the public. Guru has sung a number of popular Punjabi songs, including “Patola,” “Fashion,” “High Rated Gabru,” “Yaar Mod Do,” and “Robe.” “Page One” was his debut album.
In 2017, he made his Bollywood debut in Irrfan Khan’s film “Hindi Medium,” in which his song “Suit” was remade.
In 2017, he co-starred in the T-Series Mix Tape with singer Kanika Kapoor, recording a mashup of the songs “Ambarsariya” and “Suit.”
He played at the 2017 IPL’s opening ceremony.
In April 2019, he collaborated with American rapper Pitbull on the track “Slowly Slowly.” The lyrics were written in Punjabi, English, and Spanish.
Guru has also appeared on the covers of publications such as Man’s World and TMM.
He walked the runway for Nivedita Saboo, a fashion designer, at the Times Fashion Week.
Awards & Honours
- The song “Patola” won the PTC Music Award for “Best Debut Male” (2014)
- The song “Patola” won the PTC Music Award for “Best Duo Song” (2016)
- News 24’s Youth Icon Award (2017)
- The Dada Saheb Phalke Award is given to a person who has made a significant contribution to the (2019)
Randhawa was detained in a Mumbai club on December 21, 2020, following a raid by Mumbai police. Police also arrested cricketer Suresh Raina, Hrithik Roshan’s wife Sussanne Khan, and seven club employees for breaching COVID-19 rules. They were all finally released on bail. Randhawa later issued a statement that reads, “While the incident was accidental,
Guru Randhawa regrets the accidental incident that occurred last night while out for dinner with close friends before returning to Delhi the next morning. Unfortunately, he was unaware of the local authorities’ decision to impose a night curfew, but he quickly followed all of the government officials’ instructions. In the future, he promises to follow all government guidelines and procedures while taking the appropriate precautions. He has always been a law-abiding citizen and intends to remain so in the future.
- Daal Makhani, Rice, and Veggie Sandwich
- Babbu Maan is a singer.
- Sonam Kapoor and Madhuri Dixit are two Bollywood actresses.
- Akshay Kumar is a Bollywood actor.
- Virat Kohli is a cricketer.
- Traveling, cricket, and football are some of his favourite pastimes.
Guru Randhawa is a jacket collector.
- In 2017, his song “High Rated Gabru” became the fastest to cross 100 million views in India for a non-film song.
Before going to sleep, Guru Randhawa likes to listen to music.
- Despite the fact that he began his career with the single “Same Girl,” he rose to fame with the song “Patola” featuring Bohemia.
- Along with several other celebrities, he participated in the INK Cricket Blast 2017 charity match for cancer patients.
- He speaks Hindi, English, Punjabi, and French fluently.
- He is an animal lover who also has a dog as a pet.
- Randhawa said in an interview that he enjoys performing live concerts because it allows him to communicate with his fans. He went on to state that he does not approve of the practise of lip-syncing and deceiving the viewer in order to put on a good display. According to sources, the singer was referring to Justin Bieber, a Canadian pop singer who received criticism for lip-syncing during a concert in Mumbai in May 2017.
- Authorities in Pakistan penalised a female member of the Airport Security Force (ASF) in September 2018 for lip-syncing to an Indian song. Guru Randhawa sang the song “High Rated Gabru.” For breaching the code of ethics, the ASF withheld her increments and benefits for two years of service.
- Guru was hit on the head by an unknown man on July 28, 2019, while performing live at the Queen Elizabeth Theater in Vancouver, Canada. With four stitches in his head, the singer returned to India. His management team explained the situation in an Instagram post after he returned to India.