Hema Malini, better known as “Dream Girl,” is a veteran Bollywood actress, film maker, and Indian politician. Hema Malini has acted in both Hindi and Tamil films, in addition to mainstream Hindi films.
Hema Malini was born Hema Malini Chakravarthy in Jeeyapuram, Tiruchirappalli district, Madras Presidency, India on Saturday, October 16, 1948 (age 71 as of 2019). Hema Malini grew up with a film producer for a mother, so she was familiar with the industry. Her first passion, however, was dancing, and she aspired to work as a dancer in films. She debuted as a dancer in her first film when she was in class twelve.
She auditioned for the Tamil film “Venniradai” in 1964, but the director C.V.Sridhar turned her down because she was too skinny at the time. Later, she made her acting debut in the Hindi film “Sapno Ka Saudagar,” which bombed at the box office.
There was no turning back for Hema Malini after her debut film; she was inundated with film offers. Her work in the rom-com “Seeta Aur Geeta” and the film “Sholay” received critical acclaim.
Height: 5′ 6″
Weight: 60 kilogrammes
Dark brown skin colour
Black hair colour
Family, Caste & Husband
Hema Malini was born into a Hindu family who spoke Tamil. Jaya Lakshmi Chakravarti, her mother, worked as a film producer in the South Indian film industry. VSR Chakravarti was her father’s name. She has two brothers, R.K.Chakravarti and R.J.Chakravarti, both of whom are film producers.
Sanjeev Kumar, a Bollywood star, was mesmerised by Hema’s beauty and proposed to her, but she declined. Later, she had an affair with her co-actor Jeetendra, but the relationship was short-lived and ultimately ended.
Hema Malini fell in love with Dharmendra while working on the hit film Sholay. The two communicated their feelings to one another and agreed to marry. Dharmendra was already married to Prakash Kaur at the time, and Hindu customs prohibited him from marrying Hema until he divorced his first wife. His partner, on the other hand, was not ready to divorce him. Hema Malini and Dharmendra eventually converted to Islam and married on May 2, 1980.
Esha Deol (actress) and Ahana Deol are the couple’s two daughters.
Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol, two well-known Bollywood actors, are her stepsons.
Hema Malini had a passion for dancing since she was a teenager. She took dance lessons at a very young age. She went to Chennai’s Andhra Mahila Sabha and then to Delhi’s Delhi Tamil Education Association Sr. Sec. College. She excelled in school and especially enjoyed history. She dropped out of school in the middle of her studies to pursue a career as a dancer in a regional film in 1961.
Hema’s mother, who is a producer, wanted her to be an actress. Despite continuing to work as a dancer, she was unable to secure a part in South Indian films as an actress. She made her acting debut in the Hindi film “Sapno Ka Saudagar,” starring Raj Kapoor, in 1968. She was the newcomer that every director aspired to cast in their film. As a result, her career as an actress began.
She collaborated with every famous actor of her time throughout her career, which spanned more than two decades. She starred in 15 films with Rajesh Khanna, the Superstar. Dev Anand, Jeetendra, Amitabh Bachchan [n]Amitabh Bachchan[/n], Shashi Kapoor [n]Shashi Kapoor[/n], Shammi Kapoor, Sanjeev Kumar, and many other well-known artists were among her collaborators. Within four years of her debut, Hema Malini had established herself as one of the highest-paid actresses in the industry.
She has appeared in over 155 films, including Tum Haseen Main Jawaan, Sholay, Lal Patthar, Andaaz, Naseeb, Gora Aur Kala, Dharmatma, Sanyasi, Satte Pe Satta, Dream Child, Trishul, Suraag, Kranti, Andha Kanoon, Sitapur Ki Geeta, and many others.
Hema Malini has studied Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, and Mohiniattam, among other Indian classical dance styles. Aside from acting, she continued to perform on stage. Her daughters have also undergone Odissi training and have performed with their mother in a number of charitable activities.
Hema Malini went on to work on the small screen as well as on the silver screen. She appeared in the television shows Jai Mata Ki (as Goddess Durga) and Kamini Damini (as Kamini) (2004, double role).
With the film Dil Aashna Hai, Hema Malini made her directorial debut, which was Shahrukh Khan’s first signed film.
Her performance in her comeback film Baghban (2003) was critically praised, and she was even nominated for a Filmfare Best Actress Award.
Hema Malini campaigned for Vinod Khanna (BJP) in 1999, and she became a BJP MP in the Rajya Sabha in 2004. In March 2010, she was elected the BJP’s general secretary. In 2014, she was elected to the Lok Sabha after beating Jayant Chaudhary by 3,30,743 votes. She won the Mathura Constituency in Uttar Pradesh by a margin of 2,93,471 votes in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, becoming the first woman to do so.
- Hema Malini was given a 2000-square-foot area to run a dance class, which made headlines on television. The land is worth INR 50 crore (approximately), but the BJP-led government only gave it to Hema Malini for INR 70,000.
- She was also chastised for a tweet she made about widows from Bihar and West Bengal staying in Vrindavan. They must not crowd in Vrindavan, according to her tweet.
- Her Mercedes car killed a two-year-old in 2015. In the hospital, the girl died from her injuries.
- Hema Malini is often chastised for her poor attendance in Parliament.
- Audi Q5
- M-Class MG Hector (bought on her 71st birthday in October 2019)
Her net worth was reported to be Rs. 178 crore in 2014.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Dharmendra
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor are two actresses who have acted in Bollywood films.
- Rice with Rasam, Green Tea, and Curd are some of the foods available.
- Erle Stanley Gardner is the author of this book (American Author)
- History is the subject of this article.
- Dancing, driving, and practising yoga are some of her favourite pastimes.
- Hema Malini had no ambition to be an actress; instead, she aspired to be a dancer. Her mother, on the other hand, inspired her to pursue a career in acting.
- She has starred in 35 films alongside her husband Dharmendra, 31 of which were romantically paired.
- She has served as a magazine editor for New Woman and Meri Saheli.
- Natya Vihar Kalakendra Dance School is the name of her dance school.
- Hema Malini is a member of PETA India, an animal rights organisation. She wrote a letter to the Union Minister of Environment and Forests, Jairam Ramesh, requesting that the traditional spectacle Jallikattu, which is performed in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, be banned. In 2011, she received the PETA Person of the Year Award.
- She is often known as a trailblazer because she was one of the first actresses to wear bell-bottoms on the big screen.
- She consumes only plant-based foods.
- Malini is a strong proponent of pure water. She also supports a water purifier brand and claims that everyone should have access to clean water.
- Seeta Aur Geeta won her the Best Actress Award. In 2000, she was also given India’s fourth highest honour, the Padma Shri, by the Indian government.
- She is one of the few actresses who has worked after marriage and having children.
- Despite the fact that she began her career in South Indian films, she never played a leading role in one.
- Beyond The Dream Girl, a biography of Hema Malini written by Ram Kamal Mukherjee, was launched by actress Deepika Padukone in 2017.
- She is the first woman to be named to the National Film Development Corporation’s board of directors.
- Prior to her marriage, Hema Malini had two hits and three flops with superstar Rajesh Khanna. Directors had stopped combining them in films, but after her marriage, the couple had eight consecutive hits.
- 43, Shakunt Plot No.17, Jaihind Society, 12th Road, JVPD Juhu, Mumbai is her address. Upnagar, Andheri Teh., Mumbai Dist., Pin-400049.