Hrithik Roshan is a Bollywood actor from India. Hrithik became an instant success with his first film, “Kaho Na Pyaar Hai,” because to his unmatched dance abilities. Let’s have a look at his acting career and learn some fascinating facts about him.
Hrithik Roshan was born into a Punjabi family in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on January 10, 1974 (age 47 as of 2021). He attended Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai before enrolling at Sydenham College in Mumbai to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce degree. Hrithik was born with two thumbs on his right hand, which his classmates taunted him about. He had a stammering issue since he was six years old, and he used to make up injuries and illnesses to get out of oral exams. With the assistance of speech therapists, he was able to overcome his stammering issue.
Hrithik started his career in Bollywood as a child actor when he was only six years old. In the film Aasha, he performed in a dance scene with Jeetendra for which he was paid $100. He used his initial profits to buy ten Hot Wheel vehicles, which were popular at the time. After that, he appeared in a number of uncredited roles in different family cinema productions.
Roshan was diagnosed with Scoliosis, a spinal disc herniation, in his early twenties, and doctors advised him to avoid dancing and stunts. However, the actor overcame his flaws and became a fantastic dancer.
Hrithik Roshan prepared for his career in Bollywood by taking acting, singing, dancing, fencing, and horseback riding classes. He also put in a lot of effort to enhance his “speaking.”
Hrithik Roshan has a physique that measures 44 inches across the chest, 28 inches around the waist, and 16 inches around the biceps. Hrithik is 5′ 11″ tall and weighs 85 kg.
Family, Girlfriends & Wife
Hrithik comes from a well-known Punjabi Khatri (Arora) family in Bollywood. Rakesh Roshan, his father, is a well-known film director, and Pinky Roshan, his mother, is the daughter of producer and filmmaker J. Om Prakash. Sunaina Roshan, Roshan’s older sister, is also an actress.
When Hrithik saw Sussanne Khan at a traffic light in Mumbai, he fell in love with her at first sight. On December 20, 2000, at Golden Resorts and Spa, the two began dating and eventually married. Hrehaan and Hridhaan are the couple’s two sons. In 2013, the couple split up, and their divorce was finalized in November 2014.
During the filming of Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, he was said to be dating Kareena Kapoor (2003). His wife did not approve of Hrithik and Kareena becoming close. As a result, he never worked with Kareena again to please his wife.
During the filming of Kites in 2010, Hrithik was also said to be dating Mexican actress Barbara Mori.
Later, the actor was said to be dating Kangana Ranaut, his Krrish 3 co-star. Hrithik was said to be growing close to Shweta following his divorce with Susanne, according to certain reports.
Hrithik made his Bollywood debut with his father’s love romance, “Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai,” after starring in films as a kid actor. The film was a huge success, being the highest-grossing picture of 2000. His performance in the film was well received by the public, and he became a well-known actor in Bollywood as a result. Not only that, but his trademark dancing movements in the song “Ek Pal Ka Jeena” became a worldwide phenomenon and a major fad among the young.
He portrayed an innocent Muslim kid who becomes a terrorist during the Bombay Riots in his second film, Fiza. Hrithik acted in Fiza to broaden his acting horizons. His performance in Karan Johar’s family drama Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham garnered widespread acclaim, not only in India but across the globe.
He has played a wide range of roles, from an intellectually challenged child in Koi Mil Gaya (2003) to an emperor in Jodhaa Akbar (2008); from a quadriplegic in Guzaarish (2010) to a visually challenged man in Kaabil (2017).
Following his role as a blind man in the film Kaabil, the actor launched a fun and interactive learning book series called “Tactabet,” which is published in Braille.
He has also established his own clothing line, HRx, as a style icon.
- Sussane Khan, his then-wife, was said to have left his home because of his friendship with Barbara Mori. They eventually reunited, albeit only for a short time.
- On the eve of the local government elections, a poster depicting Hrithik in a dancing position with the message “Vote DA for All the People” was circulated. The Democratic Alliance in South Africa is his opponent, which resulted in his films being banned in the country.
- In December 2000, a rumor circulated that Hrithik had made an anti-Nepal statement, claiming that he despised Nepal and its people, sparking protests in Nepal. The actor, however, denied making such a remark, saying, “I can identify all the interviews I’ve done.” Anyone may see all of the recordings at any time. I’ve never spoken anything negative about Nepal or the Nepalese people, whom I adore.”
- In 2006, his battle with Kangana Ranaut became a hot issue in the media. It all began when she referred to him as a “silly ex,” which led to full-fledged name-calling, e-mail leaks, and even a court fight.
Hrithik is a huge fan of vintage and legendary automobiles. He also owns a sizable collection of ultra-luxury automobiles. Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II, Mercedes S500, Jaguar XJ, Ferrari Modena, Maserati Spyder, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Range Rover Sport, and Mini Cooper S Convertible are among his famous and exotic vehicles.
- In 2001, Hrithik won Best Male Debut and Best Actor for Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai.
- In 2004, he won Best Actor and Best Actor (Critics) for his performance in Koi Mil Gaya.
- For his role in Dhoom 2, he won the award for Best Actor.
- In 2009, he was also named Best Actor for Jodha Akbar.
- In 2001, the Indo-American Society presented Hrithik with the Young Achievers Award.
- In 2004, he won the Best Male Actor Award for his performance in Koi Mil Gaya.
- In the year 2017, Hrithik received the Hall of Fame award.
Hrithik Roshan has a net worth of Rs 1428 crore, making him one of the highest-paid actors in the business. He is earning between 35 and 40 crores each film.
- His interests include traveling, working out at the gym, and reading.
- He enjoys Indian cuisine such as dal, chawal, chicken, mutton, and various veggies prepared in an Indian manner. In addition, he enjoys Italian, Mexican, and Chinese cuisines. He loves pizza so much that he can devour two at once.
- His favorite places to visit are London and Phuket.
- Shammi Kapoor and Michael Jackson have deeply influenced him.
- Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor, Richard Gere, Al Pacino, Steve Martin, and Jerry Lewis are among his favorite actors.
- His favorite actresses are Madhubala, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Julia Roberts, and Helen Hunt.
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Sholay, Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Pretty Woman, and When Harry Met Sally are among his all-time favorite films.
- Broccoli is his favorite veggie.
- His favorite sport is cricket.
- Black and white are his favorite colors.
- His favorite superhero is Superman.
- Hrithik likes to dress in slacks and jeans.
- Polo Sport is the scent that he like to use.
- Doom, Trivial Pursuit, and Balderdash are his favorite games.
- His favorite fruits include apple, banana, chikoo, and grapes.
- Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Brownies with Ice Cream, and Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce are some of his favorite desserts.
- Persian Cat is Hrithik’s favorite pet.
- Allen Car’s Easyway to Stop Smoking is his favorite book.
- Hrithik’s relatives and friends affectionately refer to him as Duggu.
- Despite the fact that he no longer smokes, the actor was once a heavy smoker. Allen Carr’s book, Easy Way to Stop Smoking, is credited with helping him kick his filthy habit.
- Surprisingly, his surname is Nagrath rather than Roshan.
- Hrithik performed menial tasks like serving tea to actors and cleaning the floors while helping his father, Rakesh Roshan, with his directing on the sets of Karan Arjun and Koyla.
- On his body, Roshan has two tattoos. Sussanne (his ex-name) wife’s inscribed on the left wrist and a six-point star with a crimson circle on the right wrist.
- Hrithik and his family are passionate Sai Baba followers.
- Hrithik’s wax figure is on display at the Madame Tussauds museum in London. In fact, it is said to be one of the museum’s most kissed sculptures.
- In his adolescence, Roshan had a thing for Madhubala and Parveen Babi.
- Hrithik loves animals a much. He had a Puggy dog and two cats called Pearl and Tiger as pets, but they all perished. For his boys, he also purchased a beagle.
- In his first film, Hrithik was set to appear with Kareena Kapoor. Due to a disagreement between his father and Kareena’s mother, this was not possible.
- The actor enjoys capturing memories and keeps a scrapbook of his daily activities.
- Despite his many accomplishments, he is poor at managing his money on his own. His mother and ex-wife are responsible for all of his financial matters.
- Hrithik Roshan was the original candidate for the main part in Don and Swadesh, but Shah Rukh Khan was cast instead. He was also the first choice for the films Dil Chahta Hai and Rang De Basanti, but he was unable to participate in either of them.
- Hrithik’s upbringing was marked by a lack of discipline. His father once severely scolded him for tossing empty bottles at visitors from his balcony.
- Before making his cinematic debut, Hrithik received bodybuilding lessons from Salman Khan.
- In the year 2000, he got about 30,000 marriage proposals from his admirers on Valentine’s Day.
- During the filming of his film Kites, Hrithik met his dance hero, Michael Jackson, in Los Angeles, California.
- Hrithik performed all of the stunts for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara alone, including bull chasing, skydiving, and underwater diving.
- In his film Kaabil, Hrithik portrayed the character of a blind guy. He isolated himself in his house for approximately five days and went about blindfolded. He did this to familiarize himself with blind people’s body language. He also invited a few blind individuals to his house so that he could observe their facial expressions and movements.
- Roshan became the first actor in Bollywood to undertake a flyboarding stunt after the release of Bang Bang.
- He is a qualified and professional diver in addition to being an actor.