Jhanvi Kapoor is a model and actress from India. She is the daughter of Sridevi and Boney Kapoor, the legendary actress and film maker. Let’s learn more about Jhanvi Kapoor, including her personal life, relationship with her grandparents, work, and other fun facts.
Wiki Biography & Career
Jhanvi Kapoor (Janhvi Kapoor) was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on March 7, 1997 (age 21 as of 2018). Despite her own popularity as an actress, Sridevi never wanted Jhanvi to reach the spotlight. Sridevi wished for her to finish her studies, marry, and start a family. Jhanvi’s obsession with acting, on the other hand, encouraged her mother to embrace her daughter’s decision to pursue a career in Bollywood. She rose to prominence after starring alongside Ishaan Khatter in the 2018 film “Dhadak.” The Hindi remake of the critically acclaimed Marathi film ‘Sairat’ was dubbed Dhadak.
Jhanvi attended Mumbai’s Dhirubhai Ambani International School for her education. She went to the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Los Angeles, California, to study acting after finishing her education.
Jhanvi Kapoor is 5′ 4′′ tall and weighs about 50 kg. Her eyes are dark brown, and her hair is purple.
She goes to the gym on a daily basis.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Jhanvi Kapoor was born and raised in Mumbai, Maharashtra, in a Hindu Punjabi Khatri family.
Khushi Kapoor is her sister.
Mona Shourie Kapoor was already her father’s wife. Jhanvi’s half-siblings are actor Arjun Kapoor and actress Anshula Kapoor.
She was engaged and dating Shikhar Pahariya, the maternal grandson of popular politician Sushil Kumar Shinde and son of Mumbai-based businessman Sanjay Pahariya, according to sources.
Jhanvi has also been related to Akshat Rajan, a childhood friend of hers.
Jhanvi Kapoor was also linked to Ishaan Khatter, her ‘Dhadak’ co-star.
Her personal photos with her boyfriend Shikhar Pahariya, in which they were both kissing, were leaked on social media in August 2016. The pictures were taken at a late-night nightclub party.
- Mutton, Rajasthani cuisines, and Italian dishes are among Jhanvi’s favourite foods.
- Dilip Kumar, Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Madhubala, Waheeda Rahman, Nutan, and Kareena Kapoor Khan are among her favourite actors and actresses.
- ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge‘ and ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam‘ are two films that Jhanvi Kapoor enjoys watching.
- Manish Malhotra is her favourite fashion designer.
- Jhanvi and Aryan Khan (Shahrukh Khan’s son) both studied acting at California’s Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. Ranbir Kapoor, for example, received training from the same institute.
- She turned down a role opposite Mahesh Babu for her debut in 2015 due to a wide age difference.
- Jhanvi Kapoor is a boozehound.
- Her mother gave her the name Jhanvi after Urmila Matondkar’s character in the film “Judaai.” Sridevi was reportedly pregnant with Jhanvi during the filming of the film and had a close relationship with Urmila Matondkar.
- Jhanvi Kapoor is a big fan of having her picture taken.
- She enjoyed eating Rajasthani cuisines while filming for her debut film, “Dhadak.”
- Karan Johar decided to give her a big break with the sequel to ‘Student of the Year.’ However, the film was delayed, and she was later introduced with the film “Dhadak.”
- Jhanvi was the first choice for Ranveer Singh’s upcoming film “Simmba,” but she turned down the role. She was apprehensive about working with such a famous person.
- For the song “Pehli Barr” from her debut film “Dhadak,” she had to shoot around a pond with snakes. The snakes were only discovered after the scenes were filmed, and the debut actors were entirely unaware of them throughout.
- Jhanvi struggled to express herself.