Kajal Aggarwal is an Indian actress who is best known for her roles in Telugu and Tamil films. In India, she also performs stage shows. Let’s take a look at Kajal Aggarwal’s age, personal life, professional history, and other interesting details.
Kajal Aggarwal was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on June 19, 1985 (35 years old as of 2020). She is a well-known actress in Indian cinema, having starred in films such as Magadheera (2009), Darling (2010), Brindavanam (2010), and others. She is a skilled dancer and has a great voice in addition to being an actress. Lux, Samsung Phones, Panasonic, Green Trends, and other well-known brands and products have all endorsed her.
Kajal Aggarwal stands 5′ 5″ tall and weighs 55 kilogrammes. Her eyes are dark brown, and her hair is purple.
She loves working out and goes to the gym on a daily basis.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Kajal Aggarwal is from a Punjabi Vaishya (Bania) family from the middle class. Vinay Aggarwal, an entrepreneur, and Suman Aggarwal, a confectioner, are her parents. Nisha Aggarwal, her younger sister, is also a South Indian actress. Kajal Aggarwal was born in the Punjabi city of Amritsar.
According to some sources, she was dating Prabhas, the star of the film “Bahubali.” According to sources, she got engaged to Mumbai-based entrepreneur Gautam Kitchlu in August 2020, and the couple declared their wedding date as October 30, 2020. Gautam Kitchlu later posted a photo of his engagement day with a post on social media.
Kajal Aggarwal attended St. Anne’s High School in Mumbai and Jai Hind College in Mumbai for her pre-university studies. She graduated from Kishinchand Chellaram College in Mumbai with a degree in Mass Media and a specialisation in Advertisement and Marketing. In her final year of college, she interned with Loreal under Smira Bakshi and got her first break. The photographer proposed she model during one of the shoots. Her photographs were released, and she starred opposite Nana Patekar in her first South Indian film.
Originally, she planned to seek an MBA at INSEAD in Paris.
Her acting debut was in the Bollywood film “Kyun! Ho Gaya Na…” in 2004, in which she played a supporting role. Following that film, she had the opportunity to play the lead opposite actor Kalyan Ram in Telugu director Teja’s film “Lakshmi Kalyanam” (2007). The movie, unfortunately, did not go well. She then landed the lead role in Krishna Vamsi’s Telugu film “Chandamama” (2007), which was a box office hit and took her a lot of attention.
Apart from South Indian films, she also featured in Bollywood films such as “Kyun Ho Gaya Na… (2004),” “Singham (2011),” and “Special 26 (2013).”
In 2016, she made her singing debut with the Kannada film “Chakravyuha (2016)”‘s song Yenaithu.
Kajal Aggarwal was once featured in FHM magazine in a topless photo. The actress, on the other hand, said that it was a manipulated image of her.
- In 2013, she was named the South Indian International Movie Awards’ Youth Symbol of South Indian Cinema.
- Kajal Aggarwal has also won the Edison Awards in 2016 for Beautiful Belle of the Year, Fashion Icon of the Year, Most Influential Female Celebrity on Social Media, Femina Penn Shakti Award 2013, and Femina Power List South 2016.
- For the film “Brindaavanam,” she received the CineMAA Award for Best Actress (Telugu) in 2010.
Salary & Net Worth
Kajal Aggarwal earns between 1 and 1.5 crores per film. Her net worth is estimated to be in the range of Rs. 66 crores. She owns four luxury vehicles worth a net amount of Rs. 3 crores and two homes worth Rs. 7 crores.
- Hyderabadi Biryani is a favourite of Kajal Aggarwal’s.
- Her favourite actors are Junior NTR and Vijay, and her favourite actress is Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is a film that Kajal enjoys watching.
- Puri Jagannadh, S. S. Rajamouli, and Teja are three directors she admires.
- Her favourite colours are white, red, and blue.
- Kajal Aggarwal loves reading Amish Tripathi’s The Shiva Trilogy and Robert James Walle’s The Bridges of Madison County.
- She loves vacationing in Goa and Kerala.
- Dancing, reading, and yoga are three of her favourite hobbies.
- Her friendly disposition has won her the nickname Miss Congeniality in the South Indian film industry.
- Cynophobia is a phobia that she has (fear of dogs).
- To connect with her fans, she launched her own app, Kajal Aggarwal Official App, in 2017.
- She supports PETA’s movement to Ban Animal Circuses, which seeks to end animal cruelty in circuses.
- Actress Tamannaah Bhatia and actor Ram Charan are good friends of hers.
- Smira Bakshi, Business Unit Head Lancome & Kiehl’s and Loreal, wowed Kajal Aggarwal so much that she admitted that she aspired to be her.
- Her father is a role model for her. Kajal Aggarwal revealed in an interview that her father, despite being a strict and conservative man, was the one who persuaded her to pursue a career in films.
- Kajal Aggarwal has the closest relationship with her mother. When she has to shoot in another country, she is often accompanied by her mother.