Manushi Chillar is a model from India. She was crowned the 54th Miss World 2017 after winning the Femina Miss India 2017 award. Let’s take a look at Manushi Chillar’s age, personal information, Miss World journey, and other interesting facts.
Manushi Chillar is a 20-year-old Jat girl from Haryana, India, who was born into a family of physicians.
St. Thomas School in New Delhi was where she finished her studies. She is a student at the Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat, Haryana, where she is pursuing her MBBS.
After Priyanka Chopra, she is the sixth Indian woman to win the Miss World award (who won Miss World in 2000). She triumphed over 108 other contestants from around the world to win the 54th Miss World 2017.
She stands 5’8″ tall and weighs almost 55 kilogrammes. Manushi is a health and fitness buff.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Manushi Chillar was born in the Indian city of Sonipat in the state of Haryana. She lives with her parents, younger brother Dalmitra Chiller, and sister Dewangana Chiller, who is pursuing a law degree. Her mother, Dr Neelam Chhillar, is an associate professor and department head of neurochemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences, and her father, Dr Mitra Basu Chhillar, is a scientist at the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
In an interview with the ‘Times of India,’ she mentioned that her mother has been the most important person in her life, as she has helped her throughout her journey, adding, “Her infinite love, passion, bravery, and determination to achieve her goals always keeps me going.” She encourages me to be caring and optimistic because of her gentle heart and bold personality.”
Manushi has always been involved in modelling and has participated in modelling contests during her school and college years. During her school years, she has won a variety of beauty pageants.
She represented India in a cultural exchange programme held in Japan in 2014. She competed in the Femina Miss India 2017 pageant on June 25, 2017, representing the state of Haryana. She was also named Miss Photogenic in sub-contests during the competition.
On November 18, 2017, she was crowned Miss World 2017 by Stephanie Del Valle, Miss World 2016 from Puerto Rico.
Aside from modelling, she was also involved with a particular project named “Project Shakti,” through which she promoted menstrual hygiene awareness. She visited around 20 villages for this project and treated over 5000 women.
Manushi Chillar has acted alongside Ranveer Singh in a commercial.
- Manushi loves watching films starring Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Hugh Jackman, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Priyanka Chopra has influenced her.
- Rita Faria, a former Miss World, is her favourite model.
- Chillar admires Narendra Modi, an Indian politician.
- “The sky is the limit,” is her favourite quote. We, like our dreams, are limitless; we must never doubt ourselves.”
- ‘Dangal’ is her favourite film.
- She is a bold young lady who enjoys sports such as paragliding,
- horseback riding, scuba diving, bungee jumping, and snorkelling.
- She is a trained Kuchipudi dancer who was taught by Raja and Radha Reddy and Kaushalya Reddy.
- She’s also an accomplished artist.
- She received her education at the National School of Drama.
- Manushi is also a skilled painter and poet.
- Mr Manhohar Lal Khattar, the Honourable Haryana Chief Minister, presented her with a memento for representing Haryana on July 4, 2017.
- Her first-year college video went viral on social media after she won Miss World 2017.
- Hrithik Roshan, she believes, is the sexiest man alive.
- Ahaan Panday is said to be one of her best friends.