Mayanti Langer Binny, often known as Maya, is a well-known sports journalist and presenter. Every year, she obtains several contracts from various sports networks due to her in-depth knowledge of many games and gorgeous anchoring styles. People like seeing the beginnings and outcomes of the games that she delivers after doing extensive research and consultation with sports professionals and experienced players. Mayanti Wiki includes information such as her height, weight, age, boyfriend, family, husband, biography, facts, and more.
Mayanti was born in Delhi, India, on February 8, 1985. Her father, Sanjiv Langer, was an army guy in the Indian Army, therefore she grew up in a cantonment and participated in many athletic activities. She became interested in sports, particularly football, around this period.
She is a skilled and attractive woman with a 36-32-38 body type and a height of 5′ 6′′. Her eyes are dark brown, and her hair is black.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Her father, Sanjiv Langer, is an Indian Army personnel, and her mother, Preminda Langer, is a teacher, and she comes from a Christian Indian family.
She met her future husband, cricketer Stuart Binny, the son of former Indian batsman Roger Binny, during a sporting event in 2012, and they married the following year after dating for around six months. She is four months Stuart’s senior and has been married to him for over six years.
Mayanti earned her bachelor’s degree in arts from Hindu College in New Delhi. She was pursuing a master’s degree in arts after graduation. Zee Sports executives learned about her via the Indian Youth Soccer Association (IYSA) league in Delhi, which she used to organise a few years ago, and they invited her to audition. She maintained her career in this profession after being chosen and doing well.
Her first television appearance was as an anchor for the FIFA beach football competition in 2010. Her first live event as a host was the Goa Football Federation Cup. Despite her nerves and lack of experience, she jumped right into the action and treated it like a normal talk among her friends on a certain issue, unconcerned about the cameras or the millions of spectators watching.
She has hosted a number of competitions in the past, including the 2010 Commonwealth Games, the 2010 FIFA World Cup (shown on ESPN), the 2011 Cricket World Cup, the First Indian Super League in 2014, and the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup. She has successfully staged six World Cups in three different sports. She’s also worked as an associate producer on a football programme for Zee Sports, which she used to host.
- Initially, she aspired to be a graphic designer and had no intention of appearing on television, but after completing her studies, she accepted an offer to anchor for the FIFA beach football tournament on Zee Sports and chose to pursue a career in this industry.
- She claimed in an interview that she used to cover the Olympics every day for an 8-hour period.
- She enjoys watching football and cricket on television.
- She likes travelling Europe with her spouse and is a lover of Vietnamese food.
- Her favourite musician is Moroccan-American rapper and songwriter French Montana.
- She thinks the Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore is stunning.
- John Dykes is her favourite commentator, while Jatin Sapru and Arjun Pandit are her favourite co-hosts.
- Mayanti considers the 2015 World Cup cricket match between India and Pakistan in Adelaide to be the finest match she has ever seen.
She said in an interview that she was turned down four times to host the Indian Premier League (IPL). She said that she had been rejected for the IPL four times in a row. They phoned before of the 2011 edition and stated, “We’ve finalised you in the team; the next time we contact you, it’ll be about when to film the commercial.” It wasn’t me, in the end. ‘Listen, you just finished the World Cup, you can’t do this, we need a fresh face,’ they said.