Mouni Roy is a well-known Indian television actress. She is best known for her roles as “Sati” in “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev” and “Naagin” in “Nagin 2 — Mohabbat Aur Inteqaam Ki Dastaan” on television.
Mouni Roy was born in Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India on September 28, 1985 (age 33 as of 2018). Her portrayal of “Krishna Tulsi” in the TV serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,” which was also her debut, made her a household name. There has been no going back for her since then. Her roles as “Sati” in “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev” and “Nagin 2 — Mohabbat Aur Inteqaam Ki Dastaan” as “Naagin” in “Nagin 2 — Mohabbat Aur Inteqaam Ki Dastaan” proved to be career-defining.
Mouni Roy stands 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 50 kilogrammes. Her eyes and hair are all black.
She loves working out and goes to the gym on a daily basis.
Mouni Roy has also been in the spotlight due to a dramatic shift in her look. She also went under the knife, according to reports, to accentuate her lips. The actress, on the other hand, denies the accusations.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Mouni Roy was born and raised in West Bengal, India, in a Hindu Bengali family. Shekhar Chandra Roy, her grandfather, was a well-known Jatra theatre actor. Her father, Anil Roy, is a Cooch Behar Zilla Parishad office superintendent, and her mother, Mukti Roy, is a theatre artist. Mukhar Roy, her younger brother, is her only sibling. She finds her father as her only role model.
Mouni Roy was rumoured to be dating TV star Gaurav Chopra, who was also a Bigg Boss 10 contestant, and Mohit Raina, who played “Shiva” in the TV show “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev.”
Mouni Roy attended the Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baburhat, Cooch Behar, where she completed her education. Miranda Residence, University of Delhi, New Delhi, awarded her an honours degree in English. Her parents wanted her to be a journalist, so she enrolled at Jamia Millia Islamia University in Delhi to study mass communication. Her passion for acting, however, forced her to drop out of the programme and move to Mumbai.
She began her acting career in 2007 as a “Krishna Tulsi” in the TV series “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.”
Along with Karishma Tanna and Jennifer Winget, she competed in and won the first season of “Zara Nachke Dikha” in 2008.
She went on to work in popular TV shows like “Kasturi,” “Naagin,” “Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi,” “Do Saheliyaan,” and others. Her success in the serial “Naagin” was well received by the viewers.
Mouni has also featured in reality shows such as “Comedy Nights Bachao,” “Pati Patni Aur Woh,” and “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7,” to name a few.
“Hero Hitler in Love (2011)” marked Mouni’s debut in the Punjabi film industry.
In 2016, she was a part of Arjun’s Box Cricket League squad, the Mumbai Tigers.
She has demonstrated her hosting abilities by co-hosting the dance competition So You Think You Can Dance with Rithvik Dhanjani.
Mouni Roy made her Bollywood debut in 2018 with the film “Gold,” in which she starred alongside Akshay Kumar.
In the animated film “Mahayodha Rama,” Mouni Roy also voiced the character Sita.
Mouni Roy is believed to have a net worth of 70 crores ($1 million).
- Mouni Roy’s favourite foods include Kadi Chawal, Khichdi, Mishti Doi, and Chinese cuisine.
- She loves watching films starring Shah Rukh Khan, Leonardo Dicaprio, Ryan Gosling, and Madhuri Dixit.
- Harry Potter is Mouni’s favourite film series.
- Mouni Roy loves listening to “Lag Jaa Gale,” a song from the film “Woh Kaun Thi.”
- London and Paris are her favourite travel spots.
- William Shakespeare is a favourite author of Mouni’s.
- She worked as a choreographer during her college years.
- Painting and sketching have always piqued her curiosity.
- Sanjeeda Sheikh, a TV star, is a close friend of hers.
- She is a Kathak and Ballerina dancer with considerable experience.
- She loves reading novels and still brings one or two with her while she travels.
- She is a world traveller who has visited Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Europe, and several other locations.
- She enjoys being around children. She enjoys playing and laughing with children while they are around.