Munmun Dutta is a model and actress. She is best known for her role as Mrs. Babita Iyer in the long-running Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma. She’s been in the business for over 15 years. She’s appeared in a number of TV commercials and has even done some modelling work. Let’s learn more about Munmun Dutta’s personal and professional life.
Munmun Dutta was born in Durgapur, West Bengal, on September 28, 1987 (age 31 as of 2018). She wanted to be a doctor as a teenager, but instead became an actress. After appearing in the famous TV series “Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashmah,” she became a household name. There has been no turning back for her since then. She has also participated in a number of modelling assignments.
Munmun Dutta stands 5′ 5′′ tall.
Despite the fact that her hair is brown. She enjoys dying her hair and often sports a golden or blonde hue.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Munmun Dutta grew up in a Bengali household. Her parents were both musicians. She, like her family, developed a passion for singing. As a result, she studied classical singing. Her father passed away on June 11, 2018, after a long illness.
Munmun Dutta had a friendship with actor Armaan Kohli, according to sources. The relationship, however, could not last long due to his abusive nature. Armaan is also said to have physically abused Munmun.
She is still unmarried.
Munmun Dutta attended Oxford Model Senior Secondary School in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, for her education. She relocated to Pune to pursue her higher education and earned a Master’s degree in Arts (English). Her mother demanded that she study journalism, so she enrolled in one, but she dropped out in the middle to pursue her career in the glamour industry.
Munmun Dutta began her acting career in the television series “Hum Sab Barati,” which aired on Zee TV in 2004. She even tried her hand at acting in films, making her debut in the film ‘Mumbai Express’ (2005). She appeared in other TV shows and films as well, but it was with the show ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma,’ which she rose to fame with.
- Munmun Dutta enjoys watching films starring Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukherjee, Madhuri Dixit, and Anushka Sharma.
- Rohit Sharma is her favourite cricketer.
- Goa and Paris are two of Dutta’s dream destinations.
- White, brown, and black are her favourite colours.
- ‘Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi’ is Munmun’s favourite TV show (2016).
- In her spare time, she enjoys watching Hollywood films such as Titanic (1997) and A Walk to Remember (2002).
- Munmun Dutta is a professional dancer who enjoys dancing. She’s already been in a few music videos.
- She is a travel enthusiast who wishes to visit every country on the planet.
- Munmun Dutta is a social worker as well. She is a strong supporter of female education and pays for the education of her housemaid’s daughter.
- As an animal lover, she even volunteers for the street dogs.