Nirav Modi, also known as Nirav Deepak Modi, is a well-known businessman and the founder of the Firestar Diamond International and Nirav Modi brands. Nirav Modi Wiki includes details such as his height, weight, age, girlfriend, wife, children, caste, family, history, and more.
Nirav Modi is a 46-year-old European man who was born in Antwerp. He is now located in Mumbai, India. Since childhood, he has had a strong interest in architecture. He owns a diamond jewellery company and sells his wares in a variety of countries. He also launched his Nirav Modi brand in Mumbai, Delhi, Hong Kong, New York, Macau, and London, among other cities.
He stands about 5’6″ tall and weighs about 65 kg. He has black hair and brown eyes.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He is descended from a Gujarati tribe. His mother is an interior designer, and his father, Deepak Keshavlal Modi, is a diamond jeweller. He is a follower of the Jain faith. Nishal Modi is his brother. In the 1940s, his father relocated to Belgium to expand his diamond company, as the country is known for its diamonds. Mehul Chinubhai Choksi, his maternal uncle, is a successful businessman who owns Gitanjali Gems Ltd, the world’s largest branded jewellery company.
Ami Modi is the woman he married. Apasha and Ananya Modi are the couple’s daughters, and Rohin Modi is the couple’s son.
After finishing high school, Nirav Modi enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, but dropped out and moved to India, where he worked for his maternal uncle Mehul Choksi’s company for ten years. He founded Firestar Diamond International, a diamond jewellery company, in 1999. After some time, he modelled the earring pair in response to his friend’s appeal. He then converted his passion into a brand, which he called Nirav Modi.
His brand is well-known because of the many unique patterns he has created, such as Riviere of Perfection, Golconda Lotus Necklace, and others. His Golconda Lotus Necklace was sold for Rs. 16.29 crore at Christy’s Hong Kong auction in 2010, and his Riviere of Perfection was sold at Sotheby’s Hong Kong auction in 2012.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) filed a complaint against him in February 2018, alleging that he defrauded the bank of Rs. 11,400 crores. His wife Ami Modi, uncle Mehul Choksi, and brother Nishal Modi are said to be involved in the fraud case. The bank also alleged that they were involved in issuing bank guarantees or Letters of Undertakings (LoU) fraudulently at the bank’s Mid Corporate Branch in Mumbai’s Brady House. This case is handled by the Directorate of Compliance. His passport was also suspended for four weeks by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He is a connoisseur of fine art.
- In 2010, he became the first Indian jeweller to be featured in Christie’s and Sotheby’s catalogues.
- Many celebrities, including Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kate Winslet, Lisa Haydon, Naomi Watts, and others, have worn his diamond jewellery.
- Priyanka Chopra, Dakota Johnson, Kate Winslet, Amy Adams, Sonam Kapoor, and Jacqueline Fernandez are among his favourite actresses.
- His favourite colours are black, blue, pink, and white.
- Swatch Tresor Magique, Vacheron Constantin Malte Tourbillon, IWC Novecento, and Rolex platinum are among his favourite timepieces.
- He has a large collection of cars like one Rolls Royce Ghost, two Mercedes Benz GL class, one Porsche Panamera, three high-end Honda cars, one Toyota Fortuner, one Bentley, etc.