Pooja Sharma is a well-known actress from India. She’s starred in a couple of Hindu mythology series. Let’s take a closer look at Pooja Sharma’s life.
Pooja was born in Delhi, India, on July 12, 1989 (age 29 as of 2018). Acting had always piqued her curiosity. Pooja Sharma rose to popularity after portraying Draupadi in the mythological TV series Mahabharat. She did a sports-themed talk show for Doordarshan at the start of her career. Pooja hasn’t looked back since that fateful day.
Pooja stands about 5’7″ tall and weighs 55 kg. Her eyes are dark brown, and her hair is purple.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She comes from a Brahmin family of the middle class. Her family has always been a massive supporter of her acting career and is always pleased to see her on television. Pooja Sharma has only one sibling.
She received a bachelor’s degree in commerce (B.Com.) from the University of Delhi in New Delhi. She used to take part in a number of debates and dramas. She was chosen for a sports-themed talk show on Doordarshan India during her college years. She was also the host of a variety of well-known shows on DD National and Zoom. She was one of the top ten finalists in the Femina Miss India 2006 beauty competition in 2006.
She began posing as a model after finishing her studies and walked the runway at numerous events. In 2012, she made her acting debut as Sia Bhel in the TV series Teri Meri Love Stories. Following the film, she landed the lead role of Draupadi in the mythological TV series Mahabharat, which catapulted her to stardom. She made guest appearances in TV shows such as Ajab Gajab Ghar Jamai in 2014 and Dosti… Yaariyan… Manmarziyan.
In 2017, she landed the lead role of Mahakali in Colors TV’s famous mythological TV series Mahakali– Anth hi Aarambh hai.
- Pooja Sharma loves eating Chinese food.
- Gandhi is her favourite film.
- Rhonda Byrne’s The Power and The Key are two of her favourite novels.
- Her all-time favourite authors are Bulleh Shah and Gulzar.
- Yoga, travelling, and dancing are some of her favourite pastimes.
- Because of the heavy costumes and jewellery, which weighed nearly 25 kg, it used to take her about 2-3 hours every day to dress up for the role of Draupadi.
- Aishwarya Sakhuja and Sehban Azim, both TV actors, are close friends of hers.