Venkata Satyanarayana, aka Prabhas Prabhas Raju Uppalapati is a well-known Telugu actor who starred in the films Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion. Let’s learn more about the real-life Baahubali’s personal and professional life, as well as some lesser-known facts.
Prabhas was born in Madras, Tamil Nadu, on October 23, 1979 (age 41 as of 2020). Since his father worked in the Telugu film industry, his family relocated to Hyderabad. He had no intention of being an actor, despite being the son of a film maker. He had always aspired to be a successful businessman. But he couldn’t stay away from the spotlight for long, and he soon found work as an actor in the film industry.
Prabhas stands 6′ 2″ tall and weighs about 95 kg. His body dimensions are 45 inches in chest, 16 inches in biceps, and 35 inches in height.
His eyes are brown, and his hair is black.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Prabhas comes from a filmy family. His father, the late U. Suryanarayana Raju, was a well-known Telugu film maker, and his mother is Siva Kumari. Pramod Uppalapati is his older brother, and Pragathi is his older sister.
Krishnam Raju Uppalapati, his uncle, is also a Telugu actor.
Prabhas was rumoured to be dating actress Ileana DCruz when they were both working on a film together.
Despite the fact that both have debunked the rumours, it is widely assumed that Prabhas is the reason for Ileana’s decision to leave the Telugu film industry.
The chemistry between Prabhas and Anushka Shetty became an instant hit with fans as soon as the sequel to Baahubali was released in 2017. Rumours of the two being in a relationship began to circulate as a result of their chemistry. They declined the offers, but their fans are still hoping to see them as a couple.
Prabhas is currently single.
Prabhas completed his education at DNR School in Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh, before enrolling at Sri Chaitanya College in Hyderabad, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering. He began his acting career with the Telugu film Eeswar in 2002, and he continued to work in one or two films every year after that. In addition, it was his uncle, Uppalapati Krishnam Raju, who inspired him to pursue a career in acting.
Prabhas rose to prominence after playing Venkat in the film Varsham (2004).
He received critical acclaim for his roles in the films Chatrapathi (2005) and Rajamoulli’s He was praised for his Macho appearance in the film Billa
In 2014, he was offered a role in director S. S. Rajamouli’s film Baahubali: The Beginning, for which he worked for two years. It was a gamble for him because he had signed no other films during that time span, but his hard work paid off when the film was released, and it went on to become India’s third highest grossing film worldwide.
Later, he starred in Baahubali: The Conclusion (2017), which surpassed the film’s previous record by being India’s second highest-grossing film globally. He gained more fans as a result of this film, not only in South India but also in North India. In the film, his performance was praised by critics. The film was also nominated for a National Award for Best Film (2017).
With the film “Action Jackson,” he made his Bollywood debut (2014).
- Biryani and butter chicken are two of Prabhas’ favourite dishes.
- Robert De Niro, Shah Rukh Khan, and Salman Khan are among his favourite actors, while Raveena Tandon, Deepika Padukone, Jayasudha, Trisha Krishnan, and Shriya Saran are among his favourite actresses.
- Munna Bhai MBBS, 3 Idiots, PK, Bhakta Kannappa, and Geethanjali are among his favourite films.
- Rajkumar Hirani, the director, is someone Prabhas admires.
- Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead is his favourite book.
- Mellaga Karagani, a song from the film Varsham, is one of his favourites.
- Prabhas is known for his preference for the colour black.
- He enjoys spending his vacations in London.
- He enjoys playing volleyball in his spare time.
Prabhas is the proud owner of a Rolls Royce Phantom, BMW X3, and Jaguar XJ.
Salary & Net Worth
Prabhas is said to have earned a total of 24 crore for each of the Baahubali films. His approximate net worth is $12 million.
- In the Telugu film industry, Prabhas is the highest-paid star.
- He cigarettes and consumes alcoholic beverages.
- When he was younger, he had a massive crush on Raveena Tandon.
- He is the only South Indian actor whose wax figure is on display at Madame Tussauds.
- Baahubali: The Conclusion (2017) is the highest-grossing Indian film of all time, grossing more than INR 1500 crores worldwide.
- Prabhas was required to tone up his body for Baahubali, and in order to do so, he underwent a rigorous workout regimen in a gym equipped with all of the requisite equipment, which cost about INR 1.5 crore. Mr. World 2010, Lakshman Reddy, was his coach.
- Pramod Uppalapati, his older brother, was imprisoned in a case involving a bounced check worth INR 43 lacs.
- Following the success of his films Baahubali 1 and 2, the most eligible bachelor Prabhas was showered with over 6000 marriage proposals across the world.
- Prabhas enjoys reading and has a personal library at his residence.
- He is a nature lover who has kept a variety of birds, all in open cages.
- He revealed in an interview that he is a foodie and that before going into acting, he wanted to be a hotelier.
- Rajkumar Hirani is a big fan of his work, and he has seen Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. and 3 Idiots more than 20 times.
- He disclosed in an interview that he included volleyball in his workout routine while filming Bahubali. In addition, he has built a volleyball court in his home.
- He worked on Baahubali for nearly five years and did not work on any other project during that period.