Sagarika Ghatge is a well-known Indian film actress who has worked in Hindi, Punjabi, and Marathi. She is best known for playing the role of Preeti Sabharwal in the film “Chak De! India.” Let’s learn more about Sagarika Ghatge’s personal and professional life.
Sagarika was born in Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India on January 8, 1986 (age 32 as of 2018). She rose to prominence after starring alongside Shah Rukh Khan in the sports drama “Chak De! India” as “Preeti Sabharwal.” She has not only acted in Bollywood films, but she has also appeared in reality shows. Few people realise that the fictional hockey player is actually a real-life national-level player.
Sagarika has also been featured in a number of fashion shows and publications.
Sagarika stands at about 5’7″ tall. She has black hair and hazel-grey eyes, and weighs about 55 kg.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Shahu Maharaj of Kolhapur is Sagarika’s forefather, and she comes from a royal family. Vijaysinh and Urmila Ghatge gave birth to her. Maharaja Tukojirao Holkar III of Indore’s daughter Sita Raje Ghatge is her grandmother. Shivjeet Ghatge, her brother, works as an account executive for a private company.
Her uncle (dad’s cousin) is Vijayendra Ghatge, who is known for her roles in the films Chitchor (1976) and Devdas (2002).
She has been dating Zaheer Khan, a prominent Indian cricketer, with whom she got engaged on April 24, 2017 and married on November 23, 2017.
Sagarika attended Mayo College Girl’s School, a boarding school in Ajmer, Rajasthan, India, and graduated from Mumbai’s H.R. College of Commerce and Economics. She competed in a variety of sports during her school years. She also plays hockey at the national level. She began working as a model after completing her studies and completed several modelling assignments. Since she is an excellent hockey player, she was cast as “Preeti Sabharwal,” a member of the Indian women’s hockey team, in the Bollywood film Chak De! India (2007). There has been no turning back for her since then. She was appointed a brand ambassador for a multinational athletic footwear and apparel company.
She was cast as Ahana Sharma in the Bollywood film Rush in 2012, but the film did not perform well. Sagarika was then cast in the lead role of Premachi Goshta, a Marathi film (2013).
Sagarika Ghatge debuted in the Punjabi film industry in 2015 with the film “Dildariyaan.”
Sagarika is not only an actor, but also a model who has graced the covers of a number of well-known publications.
Sagarika also took part in the sixth season of the Indian reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi. She was one of the show’s finalists.
- Spicy Mutton, Thai Green Curry, and Chicken Biryani are some of Sagarika’s favourite dishes.
- Kangana Ranaut is someone she admires.
- Ghatge enjoys dining at the Thai Pavilion at the Vivanta by Taj President in Mumbai.
- Eckhart Tolle’s book The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment is a favourite of hers.
- London is Sagarika Ghatge’s ideal vacation spot.
- Reading and travelling are two of her favourite pastimes.
- Sagarika’s father was adamant about her not acting in a film or taking up modelling jobs. She followed her father’s wishes and finished her studies before participating in any projects.
- She adores canines.
- She learned Punjabi for the first time to act in Dildariyaan, a Punjabi film (2015).