Sara Ali Khan is an Indian actress who is the daughter of actors Amrita Singh and Saif Ali Khan from Bollywood.
Sara Ali Khan was born in Mumbai on Saturday, August 12, 1995 (age 25 as of 2020). Her astrological sign is Leo. She attended Mumbai’s Besant Montessori School and Dhirubhai Ambani International School for her education. Ananya Pandey, a well-known Indian actress, revealed in an interview that Sara Ali Khan was her senior in high school. Sara graduated from Columbia University in New York with a bachelor’s degree in history and political science in 2016.
- Height 5′ 3′′ (approximately)
- Brown-colored eyes
- Brown hair colour
Family & Caste
Sara’s grandfather was a Pataudi and her grandmother was a Bengali. Sara is half-Pashtun and half-Punjabi, as her father is of Pashtun ancestry and her mother is of Punjabi ancestry.
Siblings and Parents
Sara Ali Khan was born and raised in Mumbai, India, in a Nawab family. Rukhsana Sultana, her maternal grandmother, was a well-known Indian socialite. Shivinder Singh Virk is her maternal grandfather’s name. Her grandfather, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, was a famous Indian cricketer, and her grandmother, Sharmila Tagore, is an accomplished Indian actress.
She is the daughter of Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh, two well-known Bollywood actors. Ibrahim Ali Khan, her younger brother, was born on March 5, 2001.
After 13 years of marriage, her parents divorced in 2004. Sara was raised by her mother, as was her brother. She said in an interview, while discussing her parents’ divorce,
After a few marriages, her father married for the second time on October 16, 2012, to Kareena Kapoor, a well-known Bollywood actress. Taimur Ali Khan, her stepbrother, was born on December 20, 2016. Kareena Kapoor was expecting her second child in 2020.
Kareena Kapoor welcomed her second half-brother on February 21, 2021, when she gave birth to her second son at Mumbai’s Breach Candy’s Hospital.
Husband, Children, and Relationship
She was dating Veer Pahariya, an Indian businessman and the son of Sanjay Pahariya, a well-known Indian businessman. Sushil Kumar Shinde, an Indian politician, is Veer Pahariya’s maternal grandfather.
Sara was rumoured to be dating Shahid Kapoor’s younger brother, Ishaan Khatter, in 2017. Both were set to make their acting debuts in the Bollywood film “Student Of The Year 2,” which was released in 2019.
Sara was rumoured to be dating her co-star, Late Sushant Singh Rajput, while filming her debut Hindi film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018), but the rumours turned out to be real during the investigation of Sushant Singh Rajput’s mysterious death in 2020, when one of Sushant’s friends disclosed that Sara was in a relationship with Sushant.
Sara appeared as a guest with her father on an episode of the famous talk show ‘Koffee with Karan’ in 2018. She said on the show that she had a crush on Kartik Aaryan, a well-known Indian actor. Ranveer Singh, a Bollywood star, is said to have played the role of cupid between the two.
Sara and Kartik were later cast together in the sequel to ‘Love Aaj Kal,’ which will be released in 2020. There were rumours that they dated for almost a year and then split up after the release of their film, “Love Aaj Kal 2.”
She had wanted to be an actress since she was a teenager, but her father, Saif Ali Khan, insisted that she finish her studies first. In 2018, she made her Bollywood debut in the film “Kedarnath,” in which she starred alongside Sushant Singh Rajput. According to reports, the film is based on the 2013 Kedarnath disaster.
She starred alongside Ranveer Singh in the Hindi film ‘Simmba’ in 2018. She was cast in the Bollywood film “Love Aaj Kal 2,” directed by the well-known Indian director “Imtiaz Ali,” in 2020. She starred in the Bollywood films “Coolie No. 1” (2020) and “Atrangi Re” (2019). (2021).
In 2019, she appeared in an interview with Barkha Dutt, a well-known Indian journalist. When a member of the audience asked Sara if she ever felt like looking darker or going to the beach and getting a tan, she became embroiled in a debate.
She responded by saying,
Put on some bronzer if you want to be tanned, and powder if you want to be fair. It’s not the end of the planet, and it shouldn’t have any impact on your life.”
Her remark was not well received by the media, and she was chastised for making a derogatory remark on a public forum.
During the investigation into Sushant Singh Rajput’s mysterious death on June 14, 2020, the NCB arrested Bollywood actress Rhea Chakraborty for her links to drug trafficking. Although on remand under the NCB, Rhea revealed the names of approximately 25 Bollywood celebrities who were involved in drug use. Bollywood actors Rakul Preet Singh and Sara Ali Khan were among the 25 celebrities on the list. Sara got a lot of backlash from the internet for her drug use.
Her net worth was reported to be Rs 5.75 crores in 2019.
- Varun Dhawan is a Bollywood actor.
- Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai, and Alia Bhatt are actresses.
- Neha Kakkar is a singer.
- Goa, London, New York, and Dubai are all great vacation spots.
- Pizza, Milk Cake, and Besan Ke Laddoo are examples of historical foods.
- ‘Lag Jaa Gale,’ ‘Bahon Mein Chale Aao,’ and ‘Tune O Rangile Kaise Jadu Kia’ are some of the songs included.
- Nail Paint as a Makeup Product
Sara Ali Khan was a little overweight as a teen, weighing nearly 96 kg. She put in a lot of effort in the gym and was able to turn herself from obese to healthy. She totally changed her diet; she used to eat a lot of fast food. She was dealing with Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), which made it impossible for her to lose weight. In one of the episodes of Indian Idol, she said, “In one of the episodes of Indian Idol, she said, “
I am a huge fan of Neha Kakkar because she is a fantastic singer, and I adore her music. For me, it’s a fan moment. Before coming on Indian Idol 10 to meet Neha, I was ecstatic. I’ve been a fan of her music for a long time. Her music actually assisted me in losing weight. On the treadmill, I used to run while listening to some of her hit songs on repeat.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sara Ali Khan’s stepmother, is a close acquaintance. Sara claims that she enjoys going shopping with her mother.
- Together with her father and brother, she enjoys playing tennis.
- She revealed her nickname, ‘Som,’ on a talk show. She said that because she couldn’t pronounce small as a teenager, she pronounced it as “som.”
- Sara adored Kareena Kapoor Khan’s performance as Poo in the film “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham” (2001).
- While attending Columbia University, she lived at 110 Broadway in New York City.
- For her debut film, ‘Kedarnath’ (2018), she won numerous awards, including Best Debut Female.
- Sara Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan share an age gap that is nearly equal to that of Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- She and her mother, Amrita Singh, were featured on the cover of ‘Hello!’ magazine before she became an actress.
- In 2018, she and her dad, Saif Ali Khan, appeared on Season 6 of the talk show “Koffee With Karan.”
- She enjoys non-vegetarian cuisine, and one of her favourite non-vegetarian dishes is Hyderabadi chicken biryani.
- She is often seen at parties imbibing alcoholic beverages.
- As a brand ambassador, she has endorsed a variety of brands, including Fanta, Puma, and Veet.