Sridevi was a dynamic Indian actress who was renowned as the Indian film industry’s female superstar. Hawa-Hawai and Chandni were some of her other nicknames. She works in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada, among other languages. In the 1990s, she was one of the highest-paid actresses. Sridevi’s wiki includes information on her age, boyfriend, family, husband, children, biography, facts, and more.
Sridevi was born Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan in Meenampatti, Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India on August 13, 1963. In 2013, the Indian government honoured her with the Padma Shri award, which she received from President Pranab Mukherjee. She was well-known for her acting abilities and was the recipient of multiple prestigious accolades for her contributions to the movie business. She has worked alongside a number of well-known actors, including Jeetendra, Kamal Hassan, Rajinikanth, Nagarjuna, Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, and Anil Kapoor.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Sridevi was born to lawyer Ayyapan Yanger and Rajeswari Yanger and belongs to the OBC (Naidu group and Nadars) caste. She has two stepbrothers named Anand and Satish, as well as a sister named Latha.
She married Indian cinema star Mithun Chakraborty in 1985, but they separated in 1988.
On June 2, 1996, she married film producer Boney Kapoor for the second time. Jhanvi Kapoor, an actress, and Khushi Kapoor, an Internet star, are her two daughters. She also has a stepdaughter named Anshula Kapoor and a stepson named Arjun Kapoor, who works as an actress.
She first appeared on screen when she was four years old, in the Tamil film Thunaivan, in which she played young Lord Muruga. Her role as a child artist in the Malayalam film Poompatta (1971) earned her international acclaim, and she was awarded the Kerala State Film Award for Best Child Artist. As a child actress, she appeared in a number of well-known films in various languages, including Nam Naadu (Tamil, 1969), Maa Nanna Nirdoshi (Telugu, 1970), Badi Panthulu (Telugu, 1972), Vasantha Maaligai (Tamil, 1972), Prarthanai (Tamil, 1973), Bhakta Kumbara (Kannada, 1974), Julie (Hindi, 1975), and others. The film is a remake of the Tamil film 16 Vayathinile (1977), in which she featured alongside Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan.
After her marriage, she took a six-year hiatus from the film industry before making a comeback in 2004 with a role in the Hindi TV series Malini Iyer. She was a judge on the TV programme Kaboom in 2005. She began working as a fashion model in 2008 and has since completed various modelling tasks. She and her husband Boney Kapoor starred on Salman Khan’s renowned reality show 10 Ka Dum in 2009. In the same year, she acted as a Showstopper for numerous designers, including Queenie Dhody, Neeta Lulla, and Priya-Chintan, at the HDIL Couture Week 2009. In 2012, she featured on Aamir Khan’s Satyamev Jayate, an Indian chat show.
She wrote a letter to the government on that show urging the government to establish a law punishing offenders who sexually assault children.
Mom (2017), in which she played Devki Sabarwal, was her most recent Bollywood film. Her final appearance was in the Bollywood film Zero (2018), which was completed just a few days before her death.
- Initially, it was thought to be rumoured that she secretly married actor Mithun Chakraborty in 1985, but when their marriage certificate was revealed in Fan magazine, it was cleared, sparking a great controversy.
- She was accused of being a housewife after she married Boney Kapoor, who was already married to Mona Shourie Kapoor at the time.
Sridevi died on February 24, 2018, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, after unintentionally drowning in the bathtub of her hotel room at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers. She travelled there with her husband Boney Kapoor and daughter Khushi Kapoor to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah’s wedding.
- She was a student at the Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT), which is located in India’s Noida Film City.
She was given the nickname Thunder Thighs after her outstanding performance in the film Himmatwala (1983).
In her spare time, Sridevi used to paint. In 2010, an international art auction house sold some of her works to raise funds for a charitable donation.
- Hi Blitz, Marie Claire, L’Officiel, Vogue, and other fashion publications featured her on their covers.
- Despite the fact that she had never received any dance training, she was regarded as the best dancer.
- She couldn’t speak Hindi fluently at first because she was born into a Tamil family. Her dialogues were dubbed in various films by other actresses at the time, including Kumari Naaz and Rekha.
Her debut Bollywood film, Chandni (1989), featured her in her original role. That year, the film won the National Award for Best Popular Film, and Chandni became a household name.
Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1993), in which she starred, was one of India’s most expensive films. Her acting in the film was excellent, but the picture did not do well at the box office.
- Her all-time favourite actor was Shah Rukh Khan.
- Popular actor Hrithik Roshan’s first acting role was with Sridevi in the film Bhagwaan Dada (1986).
She has collaborated on 16 films with actor Jeetendra, eleven of which have been successful.
Steven Spielberg, an American director, offered her a part in his film Jurassic Park, which she declined because it was not a main role.
- She was also given parts in a number of popular Hindi films, including Rangeela (1995), Baazigar (1993), Mohabbatein (2000), and Baghban (2003), which she turned down.
- She was renowned as the Queen of Double Roles as a Bollywood actress since she had played the most double roles.
- Rajeswari Yanger also appeared in the classic Telugu film Shanti Niwaasam, directed by S.S. Vasan, as a special uncredited cameo. Later, under the title Gharana, the film was recreated in Hindi.
Amitabh Bachchan and Sridevi were the two biggest stars in the 1980s, yet they only appeared in three films together: Inquilaab (1984), Aakhree Raasta (1986), and Khuda Gawah (1988). (1992).
She got botox, facelifts, facial enhancements, and other cosmetic procedures throughout the 1990s.
- In a mobile study performed by Vuclip, the world’s largest mobile research organisation, she was named the most admired Bollywood actress in 2012.
- Sridevi was named India’s Greatest Actress in 100 Years in a CNN-IBN nationwide poll held to commemorate the centennial of Indian cinema in 2013.
At the Ciroc Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards in 2015, she was named the Ultimate Diva.
She made her comeback in 2012 with the film English Vinglish, after a 15-year hiatus. The picture was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, and she received great feedback from the audience.
- She is often regarded as the most versatile actor in Bollywood history. Here’s a collection of her most well-known roles: Sridevi’s most well-known roles
- Sridevi’s wax figure was unveiled at Madame Tussauds Singapore in September 2019 by her children Janhvi and Khushi, as well as her husband Boney Kapoor.