Varun Sood is a VJ, model, and athlete best known for his roles in the MTV Roadies X2 (2015) and MTV Splitsvilla Season 9 reality shows (2016). Let’s learn more about Varun Sood’s life, career in the entertainment industry, and other interesting facts.
Varun was born in Kolkata, West Bengal, India on April 1, 1995 (age 23 as of 2018). He was born in Kolkata, but his ancestors are from Delhi, India. He was expected to join the Indian Army because both his father and grandfather were soldiers, but after appearing on MTV Roadies X2, he decided to pursue a career in the glamour industry.
Varun stands 6’4″ tall and weighs 88 kilogrammes. His chest is 44 inches tall, and his biceps are 16 inches long. His hair and eyes are both black.
He does not go to the gym and instead prefers to play basketball. He enjoys freehand exercises and participates in athletics.
He was bullied as a child because he was overweight. To stay in shape, he took up athletics and basketball.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Varun Sood is from a Khatri family from the middle class. His father, Vineet Sood, is a jewellery designer and his mother, Anjali Sood, is a retired Indian Army officer (Brigadier). Vedika and Akshita Sood are his two sisters. Vedika is his identical twin.
He was linked to co-contestant Martina Tharyian in 2015, when he was still on ‘MTV Roadies X2.’ They both, however, denied the charges. In 2016, the pair made another appearance in MTV Splitsvilla 9. Their fans affectionately referred to them as ‘Vartina.’
For a while, he was dating Benafsha Soonawalla of Bigg Boss 11. The pair, however, split up.
Varun Sood is rumoured to be dating ex-Splitsvilla contestant Divya Aggarwal, according to some outlets, but both of them have refuted the rumours.
Dalhousie Public School, Dalhousie; Army Public School, Wellington, Tamil Nadu; Naval Public School, Amritsar, Punjab; Home Schooling, Mhow, Madhya Pradesh; Army Public School, Kolkata; and Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi were among the schools he attended. He graduated from Sri Venkateswara College in New Delhi with a bachelor’s degree in commerce (B.Com. Honours). He appeared on the hit reality show ‘MTV Roadies X2’ in 2015, but was eliminated in Episode 20. Following his success on that programme, he landed a part in the YouTube web series “Squadrann” in 2015.
In 2016, he participated in another reality show, MTV Splitsvilla Season 9, and came in second place. After that, he had the opportunity to co-host the NBA Slam TV show with Rannvijay Singh. In 2017, he also hosted the MTV Campus Diaries TV show.
In 2017, he was cast in MTV India’s TV show “MTV Big F” Season 2 as “Daljeet Brar.”
- Varun is a food connoisseur. Ghar Ka Khana, Chaat, Ice Cream, Chicken Tikka, Butter Naan, and Sweets are among his favourite foods.
- On the big screen, he loves seeing Matthew McConaughey, Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert Downey Jr., and Hugh Jackman.
- Michael Jordan and Usain Bolt have influenced him.
- He is a big Pokemon Go fan.
- Sonu Nigam is his favourite singer of all time.
- Classic Rock is one of his favourite genres to listen to.
- The Beatles are his favourite band.
- Norwegian Wood and Love Me Do are two of Varun’s all-time favourite albums.
- He prefers the colour black.
- Varun Sood loves baking a lot.
- He really enjoys the food at Bhojohori Manna.
- Sood is a huge fan of the American sitcom Friends. Joey Tribbiani is his favourite character in the series.
- He enjoys reading about the paranormal and even enjoys watching science fiction documentaries.
- Rannvijay Singh is somebody he looks up to.
- He is a sports fanatic.
- Sood grew up in Kolkata and enjoys visiting Victoria Memorial, Park Street, and Nicco Park.
- Varun continues to be addicted to the WhatsApp messaging app.
- He finds himself to be a fan of house parties.
- He was also a former member of the Indian national basketball team.
- YouTube taught Varun Sood how to play the guitar, flute, drive a car, and ride a bike.
- Gyming and basketball are two of his favourite pastimes.
- His close friend is Prince Narula.
- He is a dog person.